ON AIR & ONLINE

24/7 365

(928) 774-5231

support@gcmaz.com

Weather

Weather Updates

Latest News

Northern AZ News

Man Rescued From A Dewey Home After A Propane Heater Started A Fire

IMG_0353

Read More News at >>

Central Arizona Fire and Medical crews responded to a fire Monday night in Dewey. Crews arrived at around 11:30 p.m. to find a two-story detached garage with an apartment above it with a person looking out the window with smoke coming from unit. Firefighters quickly got into the building and got the person to safety and the fire was put out. The victim is a male in his 60s, who had a possible medical emergency. During the episode, he knocked a propane heater over onto the wood floor, which started a fire. The room quickly filled with smoke and fortunately the man was able to call 911. He was taken to Yavapai Regional Medical Center with non-life threatening injuries. Fire officials remind people that propane heaters, such as the one that was used in the fire, are not intended for use in an enclosed building. Carbon monoxide poisoning is a great risk as well as the potential to start a fire.