Prescott Fire crews battled a small brush fire Thursday that was started by a propane torch. When crews arrived in front of Calvary Chapel on Highway 69 shortly after noon, they found a cluster of bushes at the entrance to the property, surrounded by rock landscaping. The fire was quickly put out. Staff at the church admitted to accidentally starting the fire, as they were using the torch to burn back weeds that were growing from cracks in the asphalt and brickwork around the facility. Plus it was a “no-burn” day, due to anticipated winds in the forecast. Fire officials want to remind residents that using a propane torch to burn materials is illegal in Prescott. All burning requires a permit, notification of the communications center, a water supply present and it to be done in pile form only. For a complete list of rules, log onto the city’s website.